HELP US TO TAKE ACTION TO REDUCE THE HEALTH AND SOCIAL IMPACT ON THE LIVER HEALTH OF CANADIANS BY SUPPORTING A CALL ON CANADIAN FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL AND TERRITORIAL GOVERNMENTS TO ADOPT AND SANCTION:
- A fully-funded coordinated National Hepatitis B and C Strategy through endorsement of the Canadian Six Asks by 2012
PHONE, MEET WITH OR SEND A LETTER OR E-MAIL TO YOUR FEDERAL AND PROVINCIAL/TERRITORIAL PARTY LEADERS, THE PRIME MINISTER, YOUR PREMIER, THE MINISTERS OF HEALTH AND YOUR LOCAL MP AND MLA TO LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU SUPPORT THE ADOPTION OF THE SIX CANADIAN ASKS ENDORSING A FULLY-FUNDED, COORDINATED NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR BOTH HEPATITIS B AND C BY 2012 THAT:
- Promotes prevention of hepatitis B and C through expanded education, immunization and harm reduction programs all across Canada.
- Improves access to comprehensive care and treatment programs in all areas of the country.
- Increases knowledge and innovation through interdisciplinary research and surveillance to reduce the burden of hepatitis B and C on Canadians.
- Creates awareness about risk factors, stigma and the need for testing among the general population and at-risk groups.
- Builds capacity through training and recruitment of qualified health professionals.
- Supports communities and community-based groups in developing, delivering and evaluating peer-driven and focused initiatives.
More than enough people have died from both hepatitis B and C, diseases that are preventable and treatable. Given that the Sixty-third World Health Assembly recently adopted an important resolution about viral hepatitis, Canada now needs to act by adopting a coordinated comprehensive national strategy to address the epidemic which exists in Canada.
PARTICIPATE IN THIS IMPORTANT CAMPAIGN BY CLICKING ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:
http://ctac.ca/en/action/hep-b-c (link hosted by The Canadian Treatment Action Council)